1. navaniko

hola amigos como estan tengo un gran problema lo que necesito es convertir mi windows 7 home premuin a windows 7 ultimatesin perder la licencia orijinal, como ven lo que necesito es alreves de lo que muestran ahay si alguien tiene el conosimiento del tema si me pueden ayudar estare muy agradesido gracias…..;) mi correo es navaniko@hotmail.com

2. alex

Does this hack work on the Non-pre release (or beta) version of Windows 7 Ultimate? I didn’t realize I had only 1 license for Ultimate, and installed it on 2 machines.. now I’m stuck and want to drop it to Professional (where I have multiple licenses), so I don’t have to pay $219 (bs). Thanks!

3. Mike

Steve,
    I came across your site concering Windows AD and 7 searches. Thanks for the info. Good luck on the martial arts test !

” Be like water my friend ;-)” Bruce Lee

4. Cooki

Hello,

DON’T WORK !!!

I try, but it’s the same… I can’t be up-grade! (vista UL -> 7 pro)

???

1. I’ve verified these steps myself moving from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Professional. As long as you’re using licensed (non-pirated) copies of both versions of Windows, just follow these steps exactly and the upgrade will work.

5. Sebastian

Thank you very much! Worked perfectly, upgraded from Vista Ultimate to 7 Pro.

6. Dave

Wow, I just got my copy of Windows 7 Pro from the store and went to install it into my Vista Ultimate, man was I surprised when I found out it wouldn’t let me! And after spending 200 bucks. Thanks for putting this web page up!!! A life-saver!

7. Brajakishore

Thanks, but this crack is not working for upgrading windows 7 ultimate to windows home basic.

8. Jay Janke

Nice hack. Works great. Rarely does any advertised hack work simply and easily to fix an aggravating problem. This hack works perfectly as advertised.

9. Jerry Brown

I did the changes in regedit and it still recognized I am running Ultimate when running the upgrade s/w. I am trying to upgrade to Win7 Pro.

Do I need to reboot after doing the regedit changes?

Thanks,
    Jerry

1. vic

same thing with me — made the changes to go from Vista Ultimate to Win7 Pro — it still recognized my copy as Ultimate and it gave me the “no go” screen. Boo-hiss!!

Nevermind — I mis-spoke. Didn’t follow the directions correctly (didn’t enter BUSINESS). My bad

10. Jerry Brown

Also is there a way to check the “build” I am on?

Thanks again,
    Jerry

11. qwertydaa

And if I change the product name from win7Professional to win7 HOMEBASIK , starts the OS then or no?. I need to change the name of the os on the welcome screen but does not change her functionality.

12. Carlos Paulino

Worked like a charm!

Thank!!!

13. JUAN CORTES

Hi,
    I downloaded once the ultimate version but now its asking me for validation and im trying to downgrade to home basic (original software). But here´s my question
    You are talking about a DVD, what if my pc came with Win7 pre instaled and i dont have that DVD?

I would really apreciate your reply

1. Brent Newland

Use anytime upgrade, it works with OEM and Retail keys, not just Anytime Upgrade keys.

14. Dave H

Thanks Steve
    I have an older Lenovo tablet with vista ultimate factory installed. The computer never worked properly. Installed windows 7 professional with your instructions it worked great with one exception, regedit.exe didn’t work for my 32-bit machine. Research from a Microsoft support site revealed with 32-bit use (regedt.exe) drop the I. everything else worked as instructed.
    Novice, Hack

15. Chris

Wish I could give this + 1 million on g+

16. Avi

Thanks alot. Works fine for me. Installed Windows 7 pro. I am downgrading to Windows 7 Basic on my old laptop.

17. Zapnico2

Merci ! Après avoir tout installé, drivers, programmes, données, pas possibilité de rentrer la clé produit: mauvaise version. J’avais gravé la version N de windows 7… Et l’upgrade non possible à partir de la bonne version sans tout refaire mais avec votre bidouille CA MARCHE !!!!!
    MERCI ^^

18. Worked fine for me I’m using “back up´s” for both(vista & 7) and no problemo, using lat am versions ;)

19. Doesn’t work for me.
    I have a version of Windows 7 Ultimate that worked for 2 years and now MS has decided that it’s counterfeit. Am guessing I got ripped off by the company that sold it to me online (it wasn’t cheap).
    Anyway, I have a 3 year old legit Windows 7 Home Premium purchased from MS directly. After spending the afternoon using RT7lite to make a DVD with SP1 slipstreamed in, changing the registry settings, and modifying cversion.ini as above, it won’t downgrade.
    Is there anything else you can think of to try?

20. Hi, I’ve got a question. When you said “Run setup.exe from the Windows 7 DVD (don’t boot from the DVD).” What DVD? I want to downgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Starter. ¿Should I run the setup.exe within a windows 7 start CD? ¿Or any Windows 7 version works?

I’ll wait your answer! Thanks

21. Steve, I’m trying to do something slightly different, but my buddy pointed me to this posting and said it might help. I have a full licensed copy of Win7 Home Preimum, and a full copy of Win7 Pro 64-bit. I am trying to “upgrade” to Pro without having to re-install, I have already tried using the WAU and that didn’t work. Any thoughts? (And yes, they are both legitimate copies :-) )

22. This doesn’t work if you have installed from a Windows-7 Ultimate with SP1 DVD. Apparently, you have to uninstall SP1 first. And as I never had Windows-7 Ultimate without SP1 installed, I cannot uninstall SP1.

23. LesIn29

How do I make this work to upgrade Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Home Premium?

1. Snatchell

Just change the

ProductName from “Windows Vista ™ Ultimate” to “Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUM”

and

EditionID from Ultimate to HOMEPREMIUM

I am doing an “upgrade” on a Dell that came with Vista Ultimate from the factory to Windows 7 Home Premium OEM from NewEgg.