1. DeNova Weaver

Yes, great customer service and standing behind their products! Our Insinkerator SST-Fltr hot water tank (manufactured 11/2009) began leaking in June 2013. Just like you we called their customer service after going without hot water for several months, not having time to deal with the problem until recently. When we called today they asked us to find exactly where the leak was. Ours was dripping from the bottom whenever we drew hot water (but not cold). After providing the serial number we were also told it was past the 3 year warranty, however, they would be able to provide a free replacement of a modified tank model that would integrate with our current hose connections and dispenser. We were told it would be our responsibility to install it once it arrives. Not bad.

2. wendy smith

Had the same thing happen here. They sent us a new one to!!! Five stars. Ours was out dated 3 years to.
    wendy

3. william shereck

Well I also had a leaking tank but I was told they no longer have that program

1. Michael

William – we must both be having the exact same problem. Just called Insinkerator this morning, and I, too, was told that I would need to purchase a replacement :( :(

4. Bonnie

Yep, they stopped sending new tanks out.. Even when I told her it soaked the bottom of my kitchen cabinet and ruined the wood. They gave me a coupon code for a new one. They must have had to replace a lot!

1. I had to replace another one at a different house, and was offered the coupon code, as well. With the coupon, it’s a better deal than I could find anywhere else (even online), but it’s still not as good a deal as “free.”

5. Doug

I have two that leaked,Opened unit and found burnt broken tubing hose that sets against tank,Replaced with new tubing hose that i wrapped with electrical tape to prevent it from getting burnt up again.Poor design.Will see if this fixes the problem.

1. Doug! You are a naughty boy! Actually opening something up to understand how it works, improve upon the original design, and extend the life of the product! Manufacturers in our “throw it out” society hate people like you. But I salute you. :)

6. charly

Update ! I called to the 1800 number (to india) with a leaking unit from the bottom (the white plastic piece where the screw). I had to complain hard to talk to a manager, and them after I gave him the serial number, he gave me a code for a 65% discount. Final cost 144 for the new unit with filter..not bad ..but not free ;-(… Te unit is only 5 years old….I wonder if it is even worth it to get another unit or different brand …any recommendation ?..

7. Arleen

Thanks for this great customer service tip at Insinkerator. I called them today and learned my unit was manufactured in 2008 and out of warranty. They did not offer any discount coupon. I went ahead and asked if there was anything they could do to help me like offer a discount or some other suggestion. The rep immediately told me she could offer a 55% discount if I purchaed a rplacement on their website. She gave me a Promo Code which is good only for 5 days. Tip, if you have a receipt for the date of purchase and it’s within 3 years of the date of your call, they will still honor it and replace the unit free Otherwise, they revert back to the date of manufacture. It’s worth asking for a discount – they don’t offer it unless asked, based on my experience today.

8. Arleen

Correction from Arleen – I actually got a 65% discount when I placed my order! The $410 Insinkerator Hot Warter Tank cost me only $143. Now THAT’S great customer service! I added in two high end filters $150 worth and with discount they totaled only $50. Thanks so much for this fabulous tip and sharing your exoerience, Steve. I will definitely buy an Insinkerator product in the future.

9. charly

update II: After checking in the website the 65% off was real, costumer service told me the code it is for five days and one unit only (he told me I need the serial to get another coupon for the second liking unit). NOT true I order two units with the same coupon at 65 % off.BTW the new units F1000 come with filters BUT they don’t come with the snap-connect fitting. For contractors, I wonder if you can order 10 with coupon at $144 each ;-)…

10. 11/6/14
    A few months ago, I inadvertently used a non-food grade vinyl tube from a local hardware store to replace the worn out tube inside my SST-FLTR hot water dispenser. I believe this tubing assist in the return of water to the tank when the handle of the faucet is released. After discovering my mistake yesterday, I discontinued using the dispenser until I purchase the appropriate tube. I am really concerned about any toxins my family might have ingested as a result. We normally use the dispenser to make a cup of tea or to add how water to a recipe when required. I am especially concerned about my 4 and 8 year old grandchildren who enjoy a cup of tea now and then. From a medical standpoint, are we at risk for some type of chronic condition due to the use of this in appropriate tubing?

1. Hi, Lawrence. I’m not a doctor (and I don’t play one on TV), and I don’t know exactly what type of tube you used, so I wouldn’t be able to definitively say whether or not there’s any real health risk. If I’d done that myself, I’d just swap it out for the food grade stuff and go about my day. There’s not much you can do at this point, anyway.

1. Lawrence

Thanks for the reply Steve. My wife told me the same thing, “you can’t do anything about it at this point” so you have to move on. The manufacturer gave me a huge discount on a new dispenser, so I opted to purchase the new unit.

By the way, I used about an 8 inch piece of vinyl tubing to replace the failed tubing. Again, thanks for your opinion.

11. Ronald Fasano

My dispenser is leaking at the point that the 2 halves meet. Seems like a rubber /silocone gasket has failed. The unit (H-770 SS) is out of warantee but I called to see if I could get a new gasket or could use a suggested sealing material since the unit is good except for the gasket. The response was to discard the unit and buy a new one. I asked how much they sell it for and was told $480.00. No discount was offered. Told them I had to think about that kind of outlay. Any suggestions on what to do to replace/ repair the gasket?

1. Hmm… before tossing it out, I’d at least try some food-grade silicone sealant, just for kicks.

1. Ron

Called around and found out that food grade silicone sealant is NOT recommended for potable water use such as hot water dispensers. GE, DAP, and even Permatex said they did not have a sealant that coud be used. Then I called Dow Corning tech service and they had a sealant that WAS approved for such use. It is their Silicone sealant #732 and/or #748. The 732 cures faster but has that vinegary smell that is irritating until it cures. The 742 does not have the smell but takes longer to cure. Hard to find either, but came across it at a Motion Industries location that only had the #742 ($8.95 per tube). Dow was able to supply possible suppliers in my area which hepled me narrow down my search. I’ll let you know how it works once it cures. Hopefully will save me the cost of buying a new unit. And, InSinkErator did NOT offer a discount, they just said I’d have to discard my unit and buy a new unit which they quoted at $430.00. Must be gold plated instead of stainless steel.

12. I am now on my third Insinkerator in six years and all three have leaked identically from the bottom into a kitchen cabinet after about two years of use. There is quite clearly an inherent design fault with this model and plainly from comments made the cost of replacement and even the cost of giving discounts against a new one have got much too high for the manufacturer to stand. As advantageous as hot water heating is, this is not a product one could or should recommend to a friend. There are other better makes on the market like Quooker.

There is something inherently wrong in a product that in every instance of installation starts to leak after such a short period of use – often when just out of warranty. I have no confidence in this fault having been quickly addressed and corrected – the company appears to be benefitting hugely from the sale of replacement models to previous customers. Leaking water in chipboard kitchen furniture can cause considerable damage which can be very expensive to rectify if, as quite likely nowadays, granite worktops are installed. Any Insinkerator hot water heater should certainly have a drip catchment arrangement under it – you will need it sooner or later.