If you’re having trouble activating your new AT&T iPhone 4, or if you got an error message when you tried to activate your AT&T iPhone using iTunes or on the AT&T website, don’t worry. Here are some easy instructions to activate it by phone.
If you’re upgrading from an iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS, backup your current iPhone using iTunes first, so you can restore all your contacts, emails, apps, and other settings directly to your new iPhone 4.
Before you activate your iPhone 4, check your existing voicemail box for new messages. Once your iPhone 4 is activated, all your existing voice messages and greetings will be deleted.
To activate your iPhone 4, follow these easy steps:
- Charge your iPhone 4.
- Download and install iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and follow the setup instructions in iTunes.
- Activate your iPhone online at att.com/Activations. If you get an error message, call 1-866-895-1099 from another phone. You’ll need your wireless phone number, the account holder’s SSN and the shipping ZIP code.
- Turn your new iPhone ON and make a test call.
- If your test call is not successful, call AT&T Support at 1-800-CALL-ATT
Enjoy your new iPhone 4!