1. Tomasz

hi Steve,
    I had same issue with blinking power light etc. After reading few posts, I found your blog and BINGO ! Thank you very much for posting your experience, I had same issue caused by broken power adapter. Thanks to you blog I saved a lot of time, just replaced faulty power adapter… All the best.

2. Redion

Same issue here. Although I did have an original linksys PSU but after theral testing I found out that it could not hold the load. Thanks!

3. tad

Like you I bought a used linksys.Got it from the sally ann thrift store for $3 with intentions of experimenting with cascading routers. Also like you, it did not have the original psu. Spent couple hrs combing the interwebs for this flashing light syndrome. Was just about to d/l the firmware,TFTP etc when I came across this blog. Dug through a few boxes and found a psu from a pc speaker set and BINGO!!! No more flashing light :)
    How much you want for those stylin’ antennae? :D

4. Sri

Thanks for your suggestion, it worked for me too.

5. Allan MacDonald

Thanks. I thought all was lost when I bricked a wrt54GL trying to dumb it down to Kamakazi from Backfire. No ping but a connected wifi planet hint talked about using the reset during the DMZ light and that got me access to the command line while it was flashing. A OpenWrt troubleshooting page got me to a proper cleanup and reboot by command line and Voila! It’s alive!

6. Andy

My old but reliable wrt54g router with a range you will not find in any of the less than really expensive new Cisco routers, started blinking a week ago. Tried everything from resetting to upgrading firmware etc. When I tried unplugging and replugging I also noticed that the routers power supply was getting really hot. Nothing helped howewer and I went to the shop and bought a new router. On the way home I stopped by my parents and did some research online at their house on the best way to install and getting maximum range. Still hurting form the 200 bucks I had just forked over I couldn’t help but searching for the blinking power light problem again and stumbled on to your page. My father miraculously had an almost new 12v 1250mA adapter lying around. Went home and before getting the shrink wrap of the new router I just bought I tried the new power supply with my old wrt54g and voila: has been running smooth again ever since. Returned the new router the next day and happily received my 200 bucks back! Thanks for this super tip!

7. Justin

Thanks for you article. Exact same problems. I hooked up another power 5v power adapter and works just fine now. I have been messing with this thing all day.

8. Waldo

THANKS!!! A lot of time searching, reset, etc, change the power source, and all leds OK again!!!