Because I’m lactose intolerant, I enjoy anything that actually tastes like a real dairy-based treat, especially something that tastes like an actual milkshake you’d pay money for at an old-school drive-thru restaurant. This protein shake is so simple, but so yummy.
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 or 2 handfuls of cashews
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I use lactose-free Muscle Milk)
- 1 banana (peeled)
- 1 cup of water
- Put all the items in the blender in the order shown.
- Start on low speed, then gradually increase to high (or use smoothie pre-set).
- Blend for 30-45 seconds (based on the consistency you like).
- Serve and enjoy!